Are you searching for the best free and premium WordPress testimonial plugins?
Take social proof to the next level now!
No one can deny how vital reviews and feedback are for your business.
That’s why we have researched and handpicked the 10 best plugins out there.
Whether you own a small travel agency or a large law firm, having a reviews section on your website is a brilliant tactic.
This post covers:
- Best premium WordPress testimonial plugins
- Best free WordPress testimonial plugins
- Why add testimonials to your WordPress site?
- Key features of a WordPress testimonial plugin
They BOOST the authority of your business.
(Your visitors will trust you more by reading genuine testimonials from real users.)
We left nothing out from social media platform integration and form customization options to user interface, pricing, and popularity!
OUR ULTIMATE 2:
- Best Overall Premium Testimonial Plugin: Testimonials Showcase
- Best Overall Free Testimonial Plugin: Strong Testimonials
Best Premium WordPress Testimonial Plugins
1. Testimonials Showcase
Testimonials Showcase proved to be the most powerful of all the testimonial plugins we tested. This premium plugin made it to the top of our top picks for many reasons.
First, Testimonial Showcase allows you to create more than just testimonial forms for your visitors.
It is also ideal for those who want to create: analytical product/service reviews, a list of citations, and relevant case studies.
The plugin includes numerous fully customizable grid and slider layouts to choose from. Lastly, the WP shortcode integration process is very simple.
Testimonials Showcase features:
- 5,700+ sales
- 4.8/5 ratings
- Very affordable
- Works with any modern WordPress translation plugin
- Price: $19 (may vary)
2. Testimonials Slider
If you just want to create stunning testimonial sliders on your website, this plugin is simply the best solution for you.
It is one of our favorite WordPress testimonial plugins because of its beautiful layouts and premium UI.
To be precise, Testimonial Slider lets you easily create an eye-catching grid or slider with your clients’ testimonials. We particularly like that this plugin allows you to customize everything.
From your client’s name and Facebook profile link to their picture and caption, there’s nothing you can not edit.
The plugin is lightweight and fully compatible with any WordPress theme.
Testimonials Slider features:
- 950+ sales
- 4.7/5 ratings
- Live support
- Price: $22 (may vary)
Best Free WordPress Testimonial Plugins
3. Strong Testimonials
Our first free suggestion is for those looking for an ultimate all-rounder plugin. Strong Testimonials is a great way to collect and display reviews on your website.
The plugin has been around since 2014 and counts 100,000+ active users.
In a few words, there is nothing you can not do with this WordPress testimonial plugin.
We did not encounter any problems when importing reviews from Facebook, Google My Business, and other sources during our review.
We also really liked that most of the templates have light and dark versions, which you can customize to your preferences.
Why is the most popular free testimonial plugin down here? Best for the last!
Strong Testimonials features:
- 100,000+ active installations
- 4.8/5 ratings
- Supports custom CSS
- Captcha anti-spam included
- GDPR compliant
4. Easy Testimonials
As the name suggests, there is no easier way to create a custom testimonial block than with Easy Testimonials.
When it comes to features, this free WordPress testimonial plugin offers a lot.
Nevertheless, Easy Testimonials acts as an ultimately beginner-friendly plugin.
That means you can easily create testimonials with the new Gutenberg editor using any of the 5 blocks it offers.
Easy Testimonials is the best solution if you are a beginner or unfamiliar with using shortcodes.
Easy Testimonials features:
- 20,000+ active installations
- 3.6/5 ratings
- Customizable HTML
- Integrates with multilingual WordPress themes easily
- Compatible with any WordPress theme
5. Real Testimonials
When we first tested this plugin, we could not believe it is offered for free. In fact, Real Testimonials is a very powerful WordPress plugin that has everything you need and more.
First of all, the shortcode generator is one of the easiest we have ever reviewed.
Even if you have no experience with shortcodes whatsoever, you will have no problem using them. Real Testimonials unlocks the ultimate freedom.
You can create testimonial blocks and integrate them into any page, post, or WP widget on your website.
Finally, no coding is required to use the plugin and the blocks generated are fully responsive.
Real Testimonials features:
- 40,000+ active installations
- 4.6/5 ratings
- Fully-customizable templates
- Live preview
6. WP Customer Reviews
Unlike other plugins on our list, WP Customers Reviews lets you get real-time reviews.
So if you want to add a custom block where your website visitors can leave a review, this is simply the best solution for you.
One handy feature that this WordPress testimonial plugin offers is that all submissions are moderated.
You can review and approve each review/feedback manually.
The plugin also allows you to customize the pre-made templates or create fields. All in all, this is a fast and lightweight plugin that you should definitely try out.
WP Customer Review features:
- 30,000+ active installations
- 4.3/5 ratings
- Perfect for collecting testimonials
- Compatible with WP Multisite
- Offers anti-spam measures
Are you looking for a WordPress testimonial plugin that is easy to use and gives you numerous block styles to choose from? If yes, then Testimonials is an excellent choice for you.
We are, too!
The plugin offers more than 20 slider, 10 list, and 5 grid styles. All templates are fully editable and the development team is available 24/7 for you.
You do everything via the simple shortcode integration. Testimonials proved very reliable during our testing, and every block was ultimately mobile-ready.
Even though this plugin is not one of the most popular on the market, it’s worth picking.
- 4,000+ active installations
- 4.7/5 ratings
- Extended documentation
- Fully-editable shortcodes
8. WP Testimonials
WP Testimonials is one of the most customizable plugins in our selection. However, for this reason, it is not the most beginner-friendly WordPress testimonial plugin out there.
However, if you need ultimate control, there’s nothing better than WP Testimonials. The plugin allows you to fully edit the shortcodes you create.
For example, when you edit the shortcode, you can display reviews by category, by customer, and much more.
Simple, powerful and effortless to use.
WP Testimonials features:
- 10,000+ active installations
- 4.5/5 ratings
- Perfect for experienced users
- Detailed Demos
- Many pre-made designs
9. Site Reviews
This plugin easily made it to our list because it offers a great star rating system. In fact, Site Reviews is one of the few plugins we tested that reminded us of platforms like Tripadvisor.
The plugin is specifically designed to work on any page, post or widget via shortcodes. The review system is very simple, which is very important for user engagement.
In fact, with this WordPress testimonial plugin, your customers can submit a review in seconds.
Site Reviews is a smart solution for anyone wanting to quickly collect customer reviews and showcase them on their website or blog.
Site Reviews features:
- 50,000+ active installations
- 4.9/5 ratings
- Allows you to block submissions
- Easy WordPress backup function
10. Testimonial Builder
If you do not need fancy features when creating a testimonial grid for your website, Testimonial Builder is your plugin.
Although it’s not a super-powerful solution, it integrates all the essential features you need.
We love watching the detailed tutorials that the plugin includes. These allow everyone to add testimonials to their site comfortably.
Moreover, the template is entirely adjustable for colors, fonts, and image layouts. Testimonial Builder is an excellent choice for beginners.
WE DIG IT!
Testimonial Builder features:
- 4,000+ active installations
- 4.5/5 ratings
- Drag and drop builder
- Easy shortcode generation
- Quick customization
Why Add Testimonials To Your WordPress Site?
Because a person’s best friend (probably) didn’t refer to you, they may be skeptical when they land on your website.
Sure, you’re products or services may be epic, but how could they know?
One of the best ways to bring confidence and trust (besides your EPIC presentation) is by implementing positive testimonials and reviews into your website.
But there’s more:
- Increase trust (social proof): Yes, I’ll mention it again because this is one of the most important reasons of adding testimonials to your website or online store. They boost social proof when real people write them.
- Conversions: And because a user’s trust increases, they are more likely to purchase from you. According to BigCommerce, adding testimonials to your site can generate over 60% more revenue. We all like more conversions!
- Personal experience: Besides telling that the product or service is great, a user can also share benefits, how the product works, etc. This gives the person considering purchasing the item a better idea of what to expect. And there may be a piece of specific information that the official website doesn’t share that pulls the trigger, and the user proceeds with the purchase.
- Emotional connection: A person-to-person connection via testimonials or reviews can be a lot more emotional than reading the official features list. And that’s why it’s also important that you use names and images if you add testimonials to your website.
- More content: Not many talk about this but I think it’s so important. A testimonials section adds more valuable content to your website, which will increase the overall user experience – and that’s always a good thing!
Key Features Of A WordPress Testimonials Plugin
Honestly, there aren’t many features you need to look for in a testimonial plugin if you want to keep it simple.
But here are some that are essential:
- Collecting testimonials: One reason to install a testimonials plugin is to collect them. OBVIOUS. This could be a simple form that the user fills out directly on your website.
- Displaying testimonials: The second key feature is the possibility to display testimonials and reviews on your website. This could be through:
- Widgets & shortcodes: It’s a big plus if the plugin is compatible with widgets and shortcodes because these give you more freedom to display testimonials anywhere on your site you want.
- Customizations: From customizing the layout to adding star ratings, names, images, and more, it’s always great to have some settings options to configure the look how you want. But we recommend keeping the display simple, emphasizing the testimonial itself.
- Support: Great support makes us confident because we always have someone to rely on. And this is why we included plugins with great teams of experts who are always at your service.
And I thought there’s not much about a testimonial plugin that you need to pay close attention to.
Well, I was wrong.
Note: We also have a complete tutorial on how to install a WordPress plugin in case you’re doing it for the first time.
Note: This article was originally published on November 14, 2021. But our team regularly reviews it and updates it with necessary improvements for accuracy.